Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Soccer Saturday

Guest post written by my buddy Aldo Mays

Watching your kids participate in fall sports is so much fun! Today Jen has a soccer game at 10 a.m. on a nearby field while Pete is playing down in San Jose at 2p.m. Early this morning I packed the cooler with sodas, waters, sandwiches, carrot sticks, red grapes and yummy peanut butter cookies. Hubby already loaded it into the back of the van along with the folding chairs, shade umbrella and blankets. Once the kids are dressed in their uniforms I will set our ADT alarm in Tulsa and off we go for a fun day of soccer. It gives me such joy to watch Jen play stopper and charge those soccer balls. She has a powerful foot and somehow manages to strip that ball away from the opposing forward and pass it way up the field. Jen's footwork, control and handling of the ball has really improved since last season. Recently, her soccer coach Ron commented about what a great team player she is. Jen is definitely not a ball hog. I just love her positive attitude on and off the field. It's hard to believe that I get to sit on the sidelines for free and watch her play. We are definitely a soccer-loving family!
**I was paid for this guest post.**

No comments: