Thursday, August 26, 2010

Grocery Shopping Horror Turned Ecstasy

Guest post written by my buddy Troy Moon

Grocery shopping is my least favorite chore to do as a stay at home mom. Really, I'd rather scrub a portable bathroom sparkling clean than to take two kids to the grocery store, shop, and use coupons to save money. I think I'm starting to feel an anxiety attack coming on just thinking about it!

After the girls and my husband are asleep I spend an hour shopping for my family at the 24 hour Giant around the corner. I quietly put the kitchen dimmer light on low and set my adt safewatch home security alarm before heading out to my own personal heaven.

I always use coupons, though I'm not a coupon queen that does multiple transactions to get the best deal. If something is on sale and if I need the item, I will used the coupon. Before heading to the grocery store I make a list of what is on sale, check my coupons, and build a weekly meal plan so that I buy only what is needed.

On the rare occasion that I run out of something that I absolutely need in the house, I will run both girls to the Super Fresh a little further away because it is less busy. No coupons, no sales, just pick up what I need. No two year old or mommy breakdowns.

**I was paid for this guest post.**

No comments: